From the outset, I will support you, be on hand to provide reassurance and a listening ear to your wishes for the service. Time chatting together, be it online or in person, will help me get to know the person, to discover their essence of being and what you cherished most about them; including their quirks and foibles. The ceremony that I create will reflect their life story, their values, precious memories, moments that made you smile, things you may have learnt from them and, of course, the legacy they leave behind.
Like all the ceremonies I’ve written about, funerals are no exception and can be as individual or as traditional as you think fitting, or as the person requested. It may be that they loved the outdoors, so a ceremony set in woodland might be more appropriate for them, or they loved a particular spot or place. We can share ideas and suggestions during our chat. Likewise, you may have readings, music or poems in mind. If not, we can choose some together that genuinely reflects your loved one as well as your thoughts and feelings.
It may feel appropriate to hold a memorial or create a smaller ceremony, or perhaps a celebration of life. Again, through talking, I will craft the service of your choice.
Most important for you is to have held a ceremony that marks, honours and creates a memory you can cherish.
Please do give me a call to chat about how I can help you.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our farewell gathering for Graham as beautiful and as personal as it could be.
It was such an inspiring, family orientated service that I know he was watching from above and would have treasured. Your calming, friendly yet sensitive approach was much appreciated at our time of grief and the words you crafted to remember our very special soulmate and daddy were perfect.
Many thanks for going above and beyond, for your support and strength and for honouring Graham and for helping us as we navigate our onwards journey where we will never walk alone.
Fees and what’s included
There is no charge for the funeral services of children under the age of 12.
- The date in my diary that is entirely given to the occasion.
- A meeting in person, or online for us to chat about the person you’ve lost and your feelings towards the ceremony you would like to hold in their honour. It will also provide an opportunity for you to get to know me.
- Liaise with Funeral Directors/Crematorium/Natural Burial Site
- Advice on readings, poems, songs and music that may be appropriate.
- Information on rituals that you may like to include in your ceremony and that “fit” such as tying ribbons to a tree.
- Creating a script that will be sent to you for your approval to make any amendments as necessary before you approve the final version.
- My support throughout the whole process – you have unlimited access to me by phone, email, text, Facetime/Zoom/Skype, or by any other means that suits us both.
- Support on public speaking to your readers, if required. If they feel unable to read during the service, then I will read on their behalf.
- Officiate the service.
- A personalised script of the service, if you would like one.
Get in Contact
07805 758 090